Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's over!

I really don't like the day after it's all over. It was so fun to have Stewart/Andrus/Phair families come back to our house for one additional night. We swam and ate (big surprise eh?) and enjoyed one another. Dani made it back without having the baby in Madras. I haven't heard from Ben and Sharon but presume they are back home and settled into routine life.

Dad and I really want to thank each of you for coming to Sunriver. We know that you have choices of where to spend your vacation time and we also know that the time will come where you will want your own vacations (we certainly got to that point with our own parents tho neither one of them ever rented us a house in Sunriver!) So THANK YOU to each of you for being there with us. You have no idea how much it means to us to see each of you interact with one another and to enjoy one another. We loved spending time with the grandkiddies - they are so loving to us and they make us feel really special. We hope they know how much they are loved by their grandparents!

I really want to thank dad for providing this past week for all of us. He goes beyond the mark to make sure we all have a good time. He is such a good provider and a good example of what a dad/grandpa should be. And I want you to know that I mean that regardless of any money he may spend on all of us. That's a bonus for sure but he really does work hard to provide opportunities for us to have family time.

I hope that there were no negative experiences for any of you. I also want to ask for an informal survey on Sunriver this year. Please provide your good thoughts and any suggestions to make it better. You may certainly provide those in a personal email to me if you don't want to go public with your thoughts!

Thank you to all of you for providing the opportunity to get fat all week. Thank you for the craft time! I loved what I did and I know everyone really enjoyed them all.

You are wonderful children and in-law children. You are wonderful people. I hope that you left this week knowing that your parents really do love you.

Now let's get planning next year!

4 comments:

  1. We did make it home safe and sound, sorry we didn't let you know....

    Thanks again for such a great time! It is so fun to get together with everyone and it's so nice that we all get along so well. I appreciate you and Paul so much and I really can't think of any other in-law's I would rather have! We really appreciate how much Paul provides for us as well....THANKS PAUL!!! We love you guys so much and our boys absolutely adore you both.

    I can't think of anything I would have changed this year (except for maybe our kids naps:) It was all so great and all of the activities worked out perfectly for us and our kids. The food and treats were excellent. Thanks girls for the fun crafts...I got a few compliments on my toes from the Young Women at church!

    On a funny note- At church today Cal was calling a baby boy "Reece" and when the high counselman got up to speak he kept yelling "Josh!" It was really funny!

    We can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for everything last week. It was so fun to be with everyone. I can't think of anything to change. The week went perfectly in my opinion. Food and activities were great, biking was awesome, golf was amazing....everything was great. Thanks Dad and Mom for making it an incredible week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, that is TOO funny! What a cutie!

    I think the week went awesome, too! I liked that we were able to use leftovers for lunches the following day(s) which helped with the fridge not being way too overcrowded! I liked having the cleaning schedule, too.

    I thought we probably had too many treats overall. One thing Mom and I talked about was maybe just have everyone be in charge of their dessert for their night of cooking - which would account for their baked good. It's nice to have a few little things in bowls to snack on, but we really had a ton leftover this time! I don't really know the solution to that?

    I thought we had a good balance of crafts and activities. The crafts were fun, although I did miss beading a little bit! :)

    Thank you to everyone for coming! It was so fun to be with everyone, especially since we don't live close to most of you. I loved having all of the kids together, and can't wait until next year with the new kiddos added in!

    And a huge thanks to Mom and Dad! I know it cost a lot of money and time to get everything ready to go, and we appreciate it soooo much! We have the best family ever!!!!

    Loves to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom and Dad...no words can express how much we appreciate the time, money, effort and energy you continue to spend at our expense. Sunriver is always amazing thanks to you two. We really appreciate you making Sunriver memorable. Thank you!

    I thought this trip was amazing as always, short for us, but still amazing. Next year, I'm coming up ALL week. :) I thought the cleaning schedule worked well and the dinners. I like Summer and mom's idea of the dessert with the dinner as well. Great thinking. The crafts were fun - biking was great as always. I like there are some things that we like to do, but it's relaxing. Not every minute is planned out - we fill that time up with food and the WII.

    Thank you again for an amazing trip! It was great to spend time with everyone. When Nic and I were saying our prayers together on Saturday night, I started crying thanking the Lord for this family. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete